12.19.2007

Ooops! Forgot 17 1/2 -- Facebook, etc.

I've been on Facebook and Myspace for a while now. I'm still trying to figure out if my Facebook account is more "professional," because many of my co-workers are my friends on it, or more personal because of all the cute applications I've added. My daughter likes to send me growing gifts, pet our cats and my fluffy friend, add flowers to my garden, and add fish to my aquarium. I like the idea mentioned in one of the articles (have two Facebook accounts 1) work 2) home). I might split at some point.

As far as what libraries can use it for...having a link to a library's catalog seems a little weird. I think it can work for small libraries that don't have a big Web presense. For larger libraries, I suppose it would be good to have as a marketing tool. Alert the public of its existance and include links to the library's website and a few selective applications.

No comments: